Friday, November 24, 2017

Today's AJBlog Highlights 11.24.17

The Literary Roots of Lou Reed Back in the spring, when I pitched the Los Angeles Review of Books on a regular column on musicians and their literary interests, my editor immediately came up with the title All the Poets. ... read more
AJBlog: CultureCrash Published 2017-11-24

Piano Sonata as Video Game: Anomalies in My Reception of Beethoven’s Music A transcript of my spoken remarks at Boston University this week, as part of a symposium on piano sonatas by Beethoven. “I’d like to talk about what I would call anomalies in my own reception ... read more
AJBlog: PianoMorphosis Published 2017-11-23

So you want to see a show? Here’s my list of recommended Broadway, off-Broadway, and out-of-town shows, updated weekly. In all cases, I gave these shows favorable reviews (if sometimes qualifiedly so) in The Wall Street Journal when they opened. For more ... read more
AJBlog: About Last Night Published 2017-11-23

Soft power and the arts (3/3) Soft power is the ability for a country to have international influence through means other than the threat of military action or aggressive economic policy (i.e. hard power). How do the arts and cultural ... read more
AJBlog: For What it’s Worth Published 2017-11-21



Article source here:Arts Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Academy Decides Not To Bar Streaming Movies From Oscars

The board of governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences “left intact Rule Two, the one that established that a film” — in...