Monday, October 8, 2018

How Damian Woetzel Went From Being A Dancer At NYCity Ballet To President Of Juiliiard

“As I became the dancer I became I was lucky enough to start to widen you know at a certain point and I started being the arts guy in the room in a room of you know many things I would get to go to conferences or you know what have you and talk about the role of the arts in society and in an aspirational way as well as a realistic way. And it grew out of so many things that I believed in benefited me coming to a place like New York and ending up at Lincoln Center and understanding the history of Lincoln Center and how that’s wedded to the history of New York City itself. So I started engaging about that particularly on the obvious touch points education for instance whereas the arts in education someone like myself benefited so greatly from having a culturally mature age.”



Article source here:Arts Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Academy Decides Not To Bar Streaming Movies From Oscars

The board of governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences “left intact Rule Two, the one that established that a film” — in...