Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Meisner Summer Intensive Talk with Sara Kohler – Maggie Flanigan Studio – Call 917-789-1599

Meisner Summer Intensive Talk with Sara Kohler - Maggie Flanigan Studio - Call 917-789-1599In this interview with Katie, Sara Kohler talks about the Meisner Summer Intensive at the Maggie Flanigan Studio.

The Meisner Intensive provides students together with the chance to experience what it means to train as an expert actor. In this interview, Sara talks about her expertise in the six-week summer intensive and how it was different than what she formerly believed the professional training was like.

Q: What did you think acting training was the Six Week Summer Intensive, before you started?

A: I though that acting training was a lot of what I did in school. I didnt believe it was essential for me personally. I didnt know what training actually meant and so coming here, and learning the beginning of the Meisner technique, I began to realize that training was nothing that I believed it was. I ‘d no technique and I didnt understand what I was doing. Coming here Ive started to learn the way to work and I learned so much.

Q: What occurred during the Meisner Summer Intensive that changed your perspective on training?

A: I had been merely always waiting for my cue and saying a line the way that I believed Id done homework on and that it had been rehearsed by me and actually I did know how to do assignments, which can be insane. Merely thinking back to the summertime, how far Ive come is astonishing and it really, truly altered my entire life.

Q: What happened throughout the Six Week Meisner Intensive that you learned about yourself that altered you or you surprised?

A: Things came easy for me personally and I was surprised to realize and come to the judgment that everything I had ever done was bad and perhaps in high school and college I was among the greater men and women in the program and I was always cast as the lead. I was surprised to think back on those characters that Ive realized and played that I ‘d no clue what I had been doing. With the Meisner technique you really start to understand what its like to craft and develop a situation and a character, I didnt have a technique, I didnt discover how to even prepare to get a role and I didnt have training and live through something. I had been so shocked and its laughable to look at the items that I did before this. Its difficult for me to believe that I have been seen by people and its embarrassing to be quite genuine.

This site post and interview with Sara first appeared on the studio site: http://ift.tt/1lL3aqs



Meisner Summer Intensive Talk with Sara Kohler – Maggie Flanigan Studio – Call 917-789-1599 posted first on http://ift.tt/2plSYJG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Academy Decides Not To Bar Streaming Movies From Oscars

The board of governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences “left intact Rule Two, the one that established that a film” — in...